Last week we gave our two cents on an issue that impacts us all; body image. We stand by the fact that respecting our body in all ways is the bottom line. We’re also of the opinion that activity and exercise are an excellent way of promoting that positive self-image. Endorphins, a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment are all, rad, post work-out realities.
We also acknowledge that we’re busy as eff; jobs, blogs, friends, kids, pets, volunteering, significant others. We’re all committed to so much that sometimes finding the time to get your heartrate above resting is a fucking miracle.
It’s with that reality in mind, that we bring you today’s post – how to hit the gym mid day (without looking like you got hit by a car), postworkout.
The reality of the matter is, working out at the crack of dawn is not necessarily doable or at all appealing for most of us and mustering the energy after work can seem downright impossible; so, it seems that finding some time during the day to get your sweat on is the only option.
A well-packed gym bag is an essential tool as a part of this endeavor. In addition to packing your clothes the night before, we recommend purchasing the beauty items listed specifically for your gym bag – that way, you’ll never find yourself at the gym, all disgusting, without the necessary items to make you less gross.
What’s in the bag?
1. A kink free pony tail holder: These things are magic; they’re designed to hold your hair in a pony, and prevent that annoying kink that traditional ponytail holders cause. A high top knot is your best bet. Find these at any hair supply shop like Chatters Outlets
2. Dry Shampoo – no wetting of the hair, necessary. Spray this in, post-workout, to absorb sweat!
3. A shower cap – if you have time for a shower, these puppies will prevent any inadvertent H2Oh-nos!
4. Baby wipes – best case scenario, you have time for a shower, post-session; worst case, you squeezed in an extra five minutes and you’re forced to spot-clean.
5. Scented lotion – less risky than carrying a bottle of perfume with you and a quick layer will leave you feeling fresh and smelling lovely!
6. Panties – for obvious reasons.
7. Make up wipes – we love make up wipes as they allow you to “wash your face” but leave your eye makeup on. Swipe where the sweat was, but leave the eyeliner alone.
8. Tinted Moisturizer – an excellent multitasker providing light coverage and moisturizing qualities! We love this pre and post work out as its light formula doesn’t leave your skin feeling cakey.
9. Lipstick and liner – you’ve heard us say this before – red lips to distract.
10. Powder – it’s likely your face will be a wee bit red, and shiny. This will help with that. We like the idea of a translucent pattern designed to absorb shine, more so than provide heavy coverage.
11. Bag for smelly clothes – because they’re gross.
12. Hairspray – set your style post-sweat-session.
13. Apple - to tide you over until you get back to your packed lunch! No one likes a hangry girl!
Not pictured (because it's in our purse) DEODORANT- because it's nice to have friends.
Clothes that make you feel good:
Don’t underestimate the impact your workout clothes have on your demeanor in the gym. The adage: look good feel, good doesn’t ring any less true inside the walls of a place meant for exercise. We’re not suggesting you break the bank on purchasing all new work out gear, but we don’t recommend wearing a tee-shit that you wore during your last home renovation project.
These are our friends Dave and Chad:
Chad and Dave are the proprietors of These Fists Fly. All around fantastic dudes, the two have created an athletic apparel company based on the ideals and values of the hard-working, working class. Their line represents those who believe in love, loyalty and commitment to their family, friends and community in all ways.
The company was created in hopes of supporting the dedication and hard work of athletes who seek strength, growth and development in their sports. Additionally, the company is dedicated to supporting amateur athletes in their athletic journey and regularly host specific campaigns to lessen the burden of traveling to competitions, meets and seminars – it’s for this and a million other reasons we love what they’re doing.
These Fists Fly has created a line of clothing that is committed to accommodating the simple but effective quality of working. We love that their designs are relevant without being ostentatious and most importantly that the clothes are comfortable without costing a fortune.